Sunday, March 21, 2010

Night

I write poetry/lyrics for music, all with a theme pointing to the cross. Here's a bit that I wrote tonight. This however will not be part of any song. And I just wanted to write something for myself. Not necessarily to be shared (except maybe in a blog.) Don't try to find a message of salvation in it. It's not there. On the contrary, it's a bit darker. I Titled this :



Night





Wanton dressed in scarlet sunset,

Lap the grief like blood and sweat,

Twilight turns her eyes away,

Cloaked in darkness come to play,

Incense flame and pheromone,

Bite the flesh down to the bone,

Sinking in bewitched benighted,

To live to love to die delighted,

Wrapped in moonlight angel's wings,

Buds in frost before the spring,

Sleeping swallow under stars,

Falling deep and dreaming hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment