Saturday, March 27, 2010

a dream

I had a dream last night. And like most dreams, if we don't make an extra effort to remember them, they loose their clarity somewhere between sleep and awake, or most often are just forgotten. Most of my dreams are better left that way.

But last night I dreamt that Heather gave birth to twins. A boy first and then a girl. I don't remember a great deal except that the births were relatively easy. I remember people taking pictures of the babies and Heather updating her facebook. But mostly, I remember holding Gabriel, he intelligently locked eyes with me. And he was different than other babies. He wasn't see dependant, his face told me that he knew something that I didn't. He had peace, and really, he was here to watch over me and not the other way around. I looked over at Heather with Layla in her arms, happy, then I woke up.

Not that it meant and anything. We don't even know yet if we're having a boy or girl, and it would even be less likely that we were having twins. If we were I'm sure they'd have seen that in the first ultra sound. Just the same, we want both someday. But for now, it was nice to hold my son last night. Maybe I will again in 6 months. Maybe I'll be holding Layla instead.

6 comments:

  1. wow... cool dream dude.. everyone thinks it is going to be a girl... i think it will be a boy. You have "Man" genes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny dream, I especially liked the part about the births being relatively easy, glad we're not having twins though! Oh, and you only have 5 more months to wait... Every month counts and I'm counting down!

    Tim- What do you mean Aaron has "Man" genes? PPFFFSSSHHHHHHhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather you have man genes too.. you have two brothers... and aaron has two brothers... lol!!! aaron, write a new blog. i am getting anxious to hear more about your brain dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was right on.... you are having a BOY! MAN GENES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo babydoll!!! Write more, you need to ;-)

    ReplyDelete